Hi all

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Frank here from Lincoln Park, MI. Recently decided to buy a beach cruiser bike. Chose a Huffy Big daddy. I intend to modify it with aftermarket parts (of course). The seems to be a problem with it riding stiff. takes an effort to pedal. and the breaks are super touchy (i can't relax and just coast without the break engageing. maybe i just got spioled riding multispeed bikes for so long or maybe i need to adjust something. any suggestions?

These things usually come with the chain and bearings too tight, and poorly lubed. A little adjustment and grease packing should improve rideability, not to mention extending it's life considerably.

Welcome !! Cool looking bikes..but yeah..they come begging for grease and fine tuning..if i am correct..pretty much same basic ride as the Cranbrook...love mine. !! Enjoy !! :D

Yeah, it adjusted the back axle and gave the chain a slight losen. greased all the main parts and trued the wheels now it rides a lot smoother. Thanks for the help. (now to start tricking it out Muah ha ha ha)
:mrgreen:

Yeah it not that bad of a starter rat rod, at least for a newbie like me. It is running smoother just have to do a few tweeks to make it more comfortable. can't get to the bike shop today because it's closed but heading out in the morn to get some goodies for it.

I saw the Big Daddy online a while back and was really digging it..then saw it in the store...pretty good start...ended up buying 2 Cranbrooks at Wallyworld for $45 each..his and hers..bobbed the fenders on mine like the Big Daddy...So what are you going to add to it to personalize ???? Can't wait to see it...Go Redwings !! :D

flat black bullet headlight, dual exhaust, springer frontend, baloon whitewalls, medium apehangers, backrack, saddlebags, skull stemcaps, iron cross mirrors, barrel bag off of handlebars and some mean looking grips. (thats for starters) LOL

I would like to put a panel between the arch or a faux tank. What do you suggest going about that?

I have a buddy that does paint work somewhere down the line peel off the decals and have him ghost flame it.

Man..sounds cool...can't wait to see it...flat tank wise i would go with some 1/4" lexan or that sheet plastic you can get at all the local hardware stores...light, easy to cut, and easy to paint..attach with some either welded on tabs or use the clamps that wrap around the bar ??? Would be a good spot to have your painter guy do something cool too !! Sounds fun !! :D

Back