Hi everybody, Tommy from Michigan

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, Thanks for welcoming me to the site. Ill give you a synopsis of my history with bicycles, and what brought me here. Ever since I was a kid I always loved bicycles. My first "cool" bike was a GT Santa Ana cruiser 24" That my mom picked up for me at a garage sale for $40. (I sold it on ebay in 2007 when I had my first child and needed the money, it brought roughly $600). When I was about 10 years old I opened a little business in my dads garage fixing my friends bikes, although I would only touch single speed, (mostly BMX) bikes lol. I collected bikes and did a little customizing on them, and re-sold them to the neighbor kids. I had some pretty cool bikes thought my early teens such as GT performer, Schwinn Predator, Trek 830 mountain track xc (which i still have), and of course my all time favorite was my GT cruiser. Around the time I was 16 and got my drivers license, I almost overnight completely forgot about bikes all together. Here we are 13 years later, when over the summer my fiance, my son, and I took a vacation to Mackinac island, MI. (I am from Lansing MI area) For those of you not familiar with Mackinac Island, there are no motorized vehicles allowed on the island. Neither my fiance nor I had ever seen the back side of the island so we decided to rent bikes. I hadnt rode in so long I was a little nervous that I would not be able to figure it out, but its true what they say... A couple uncomfortable wobbly turns and I was back in the saddle. The bike I rode I fell in love with, it was by far the most comfortable bike I ever rode. It was an Electra Cruiser, single speed, coaster brake.... just a simple cool bike (I am currently looking for a used one to purchase). Well, to keep a long story short, ever since that trip I have been back into bikes and wondering why I ever got away from them. The day after I got back from Mackinac island, I searched craigslist for a beach cruiser. I found a Murray Monterey about 30 mins from my house, bought it, customized it (I will post more about the Murray at a later date). And have been riding it every day after work, and weekends. I also purchased a Huffy Good Vibrations, A newer Huffy beach cruiser that I dont recall the name of right now, and my latest addition is a worksman cycles industrial trike (that was just too cool not to buy lol) I am excited to talk with all of you, pick your brain, share some stories, etc. Thanks again for welcoming me, Tommy

Welcome! There's quite a few Michigan guys on here. I'm from flint. Lets see some pictures!

Back