Hi everybody

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, I'm Kyle, I'm 26 and I'm a CNC Machinist from Massachusetts.

I love all things ratrod and rockabilly, I'm more of a car nut but bicycling has been a part of my life since my first little red tricycle. I'm mostly into mountain biking, but a year or two I picked up an old BMX frame and did my first BMX build and had a blast doing it.

What really brings me here is my recent tag sale purchase, a nice 1950's or '60's something-or-other that I plan on refinishing. It's in rough enough shape that I don't want to try to do a full-on refurbishing to original condition, but instead I would love to do a ratrod build on the bike. I got sick of trolling around here and decided to join up, what's one more forum for me to keep track of... :roll:

So, I guess that's it. Cheers!

you can tell peeps here what you do they will start asking you to make stuff for them... :lol:
welcome ... post pics of your bike...

Sup "KC86"...... Welcome...
Henry morgan said:
you can tell peeps here what you do they will start asking you to make stuff for them... :lol:
"take a #"... G :lol: T mines......

Henry morgan said:

Haha, believe me, if I had the means to own a CNC at home, I would; and when I wasn't making parts for my Xterra I'd be making bike parts. Some day I'll get there, someday...

Laidback said:
Sup "KC86"...... Welcome...

Thanks for the welcome!

Here's my recent find, unsure how I want to build it. It was at my neighbor's tag sale, she said it had been in the attic of the garage since the day she moved in. My father-in-law knows the people she bought the house from, and was pretty good friends with the guy who he's pretty sure owned this bike. Could be sort of cool to reunite bike with owner once I'm done with it...just not for keeps :wink:

DayOne1.jpg

DayOne3.jpg

DayOne2.jpg

The bike has already been dismantled and I've started restoring the chrome. Tires, tubes, and rim strips have been ordered, and I cannot for the life of me make up my mind on a paint scheme.

Here are my other rides:

2-12-20124.jpg

BMX.jpg

And my wife's ride:

AlliesMTB.jpg

Built 'em all myself from the ground up.

Well, I'm back! After an extended leave of absence, I've gotten enough spare time back in my life to hang out here once in a while again.

Let me start off by saying how pleased I am that I didn't wind up on that list of people not to business with. I still feel bad about that whole thing. I received cash from a number of people on the site, then when a personal issue reared it's head I had to cancel my part out and was unable to sell any of my bikes/parts. I refunded everybody's money and threw in a couple extra bucks to cover their original PayPal fees. PayPal thought that activity was suspicious so they locked down my account. I'm still unable to access it.

Stuff is still a little hectic around here so I won't be selling anything, but I will have a little time to tinker and (hopefully) work on my build a little bit more.

It's nice to be back :)

Gonna give this a bump because I've been gone for a while...

Uh, hi again! A couple things have changed but I'm still Kyle and I still love bikes of all types. A few recent additions to my herd have me getting creative with storage, which inevitably led to me changing up some things on my first build, and I figured I should get back on here and share what I've been up to.

PXL_20230914_180513861.jpg

Gonna give this a bump because I've been gone for a while...

Uh, hi again! A couple things have changed but I'm still Kyle and I still love bikes of all types. A few recent additions to my herd have me getting creative with storage, which inevitably led to me changing up some things on my first build, and I figured I should get back on here and share what I've been up to.

View attachment 248137
good to know you're still you!

Back