Hi from Houston

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally getting around to my bicycle projects, and to introducing myself on this board.

I happened into a couple of old bikes for FREE. My favorite price. So, I am going to attempt to put them back on the road. Both bikes are skip tooth.

The first bike is a Western Flyer x-53, given to me free by a friend, which is missing most of the cool stuff (tank, rear rack, headlight, rear fender. The Flyer had already been worked over at some point in its prior life. It was flat black when I got it and all the mechanical components were loose and worn or messed up in some way. So....My plan is to strip it down, re-paint, and doll it up. I would like to make it into a luxury bike... a luX-53 if you will. My big idea for this one is to hand form an aluminum horn tank and rivet it together....we'll see.

The other bike is a 49ish Rollfast. All I've got for that is the frame and fenders, forks, the crank set, seat, and a skip tooth chain. I would like to just polish up the scared and chipped original paint. Its quite bad but I like the look. Then find some wheels and bolt the mess together. Probably re-cover the seat also.

Some Pics of the Rollfast:

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

Latest posts

Back