hi from minnesota

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive never built bikes before but i picked these up at a rummage sale
SAM_3126.jpg

SAM_3127.jpg
the guy asked how much i would offer and i had no clue what is a highly sought after bike, so i didnt know if he was looking for big money or not. but he said how about $3 for the purple, and $4 for the blue. so i got em both, hoping that they will be fun projects. after researching a little i found out the purple is a huffy rail, and the blue says huffy impala on it. they both have the holiday stickers on em. havent tried to find out the years yet though. after finding this forum some of the builds got me real excited. and i decided to join because i figured im gonna need to learn some things.

WELCOME! Hide that chain guard! Save it for a bike you'll use on NEXT years build off. :lol:

KOTA said:
WELCOME! Hide that chain guard! Save it for a bike you'll use on NEXT years build off. :lol:

First thing I saw was the chain guard... Will give you double what you paid for both bikes for it.... All profit!!! Win win situation here... :lol:

Hey War-Pony,

Good to see more Minnesotans, don't you know :lol:

That chain guard is really cool!
I'm with Kota and hang on to that bit for another build

Now that you got bit by the build bug
I think your gonna have a great time
Lots of talented and helpful people here

I think you got us rattled with the low low prices :mrgreen:

Congrats on the great finds!

im glad i got a good price. i thought he was gonna be one of thgose people who wouldnt want to let his antiques go for a low price. i stopped by another place this week and his most expensive bike was 25, it was an el camino with tank and headlights. more than what i wanted to pay but, that bike was pretty cool, so ill probably go back.

Back