Hi from Missouri

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick introduction. I live west of the St.Louis area and have frequented this website over the years. Lots of cool bikes and some great info on bike builds and vintage rat bikes. I have a variety of bikes and have always tinkered with vintage MTB's and currently have several older mtb's hanging from hooks. I also have a couple of stingray's, an old 59' Schwinn Racer with a Bendix 2spd hub, and a 54' Hercules Royal Prince with a 3spd hub. The Racer and Royal Prince are both original and faded flat black original finish. A little gnarly but both rideable. My latest purchase, a clean old pre-war Hawthorne balloon tire bike ( a 1938 I was told) brought me back to this website. Its actually cleaner than the other two 50's vintage bikes and rides like a champ. I will have to get a couple of pics up. Right now the Hawthorne is going to need some saddle work to re-cover the persons saddle that came on it ( no cover at all),and I am also getting ready to get a longer 5/8" post made for the bike so I can actually ride the bike without being cramped-up.

Anyway, thats my bike intro and other than that I am into cars and have a 65 corvair corsa convertible and a 91 GMC syclone.

Jeff

Welcome aboard!

Lookin forward to your pics ( bikes and cars :wink: )

:mrgreen:

Here are a couple of shots of that Hawthorne. The guy I bought it from gave me a cheap padded schwinn seat as a back-up until I could get a decent vintage replacement or the seat covered.

IMG_0410_zps7958ff15.jpg

IMG_0411_zps385254d8.jpg

The original seat....

IMG_0412_zpsc012f4ca.jpg

The bike looks better with the older seat, but the rusty metal pan makes it tough to ride.I think I am going to get the light off the bike and add truss rods to the fork. As I mentioned before the bike really rides nicely.

Love that bike!

But I LOOOOVE the original seat just the way it is ! :shock:

junknutz1975 said:
Love that bike!

But I LOOOOVE the original seat just the way it is ! :shock:

Here is the pic of the bike that made me want to buy it, complete with the rusty seat... hopefully the guy that sold me the bike won't mind me using his pic since I bought the bike.

IMG_0366_zps38e46a5d.jpg

It has a much leaner no-nonsense look about it. I hate the big fat saddle and it wont be on for long.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back