HI from Nebraska

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everybody!

I found this site a few weeks ago and it rekindled my interest in getting an older bike to fix and make my own. After looking at all the great builds and pictures I set out looking for something to call my own. Well my wife and I are into antiques and while chatting with another couple at an antique store my wife told them how I was looking for an old bike. They said they had two old Schwinn's a 1959 boys and a girls bike that looked like the boys.

Well a trip to their house and the girls bike turns out to be a 24 in, and they want to sell them together. So after some discussion we purchased them for $125. Hope we did ok??

The boys bike turns out to be a 1960 Tiger. Even better as that's the year I was born! The girls is a 1962. After making the deal he tells me he has the original seats somewhere in the basement and when he finds them he will get them to me.

I have the font fender and it had the same front rack that the girls bike has just not mounted.

Here's some pictures

Schwinn20041.jpg

Schwinn20045.jpg

Schwinn20051.jpg

After getting them home and putting some air in the tires were could ride them! However they need new tires, the boys really bad!

Schwinn20056.jpg

Looking forward to getting to work on the boys, I am not sure the wife will ride the girls so may just clean it up and try to sell it.

Having Fun!
Marty

Back