Hi from the UK with some American Iron.....plenty of photos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Guilty of being registered here for quite a while without saying hello.....so I figured it was time to rectify that!I am based in Birmingham England (the bit in the middle!)

my name is Graeme "VINCE" Vincent.......I loved my bikes as a kid but grew out of them when I started driving but pleased to say after a good many years I rediscovered my passion for our two wheeled wonders mainly after a good friend of mine turned up at my house on a Raleigh Chopper that he "found" at a house he was looking to buy about 10 years ago! Having found wonderful forums such as this I take comfort in the knowledge that there are so many like-minded people out there, and anyone who doesn't get this whole bike thing is definitely missing out! After a hard days work, messing about in the garage with an old bike really helps to keep your mind together!

During the last ten years I have bought and sold many bikes, some I would never sell and others are passed on to make way for new bikes, so I could enjoy a "rolling" collection. Over the last couple of years I have enjoyed buying used Cruisers and mildly customising them.

As well as Raleigh Chopper MKI and MKII, plus a never-sell Phat Chopper (which really sparked me off) here are some of my other bikes.
(This is my first try at uploading photos and when I previewed my posting I notice the right hand side of most of them seems to have been cropped ? Think you will still get the idea though!)

Classic Americans going strong in the UK
1964 Western Flyer Stratoflyer
PICT0158.jpg

PICT0164.jpg

1964 Murray Fleetline Deluxe
PICT0173.jpg

PICT0178.jpg

1948 Schwinn B6 Lincoln
PICT0212.jpg

PICT0217.jpg

PICT0222.jpg

PICT0215.jpg

1954 Columbia Three Star Deluxe
PICT0001.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

Some of my recent custom cruisers
Dyno Deuce “Apple Deuce” – (sorry the pics are small!) Green powdercoat paint with metalflake lacquer, lowrider twisted pedals, Brooks saddle, etc – now sold and soon off to Spain!
PICT0098.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

PICT0115.jpg

Dyno Deuce “Cafe Racer” - Grey powdercoat paint with metalflake lacquer, black rims, modern stingray bars, new grips, lightweight pedals, Brooks saddle – could be leaving me this week?
PICT0251.jpg

PICT0282.jpg

Unknown make, renamed “Springfield Flyer” bought this for the wheels but liked the frame so found some other wheels for it, matt powdercoat paint, cream Fat Frank tyres, springer forks, another Brooks saddle and some leather grips and hey presto a complete new lease of life – Also sold recently at a bike show! If anyone can sell me a replacement for my lovely “OOPS” cereal license plate I would love to know (The lady who bought the bike would only buy if I threw in the license plate!!)
4672133941_fe74853f18_b.jpg

Another modified Dyno Cruiser – swapped this for another bike last year but thought you still might like to see it.
PICT0590.jpg

& another!
PICT0562.jpg

Re: Hi from the UK with some America Iron.....plenty of photos

Nice :D

Verry good looking fleet :!:

Welcome Mate...when I look at the pics of your collection I say to myself...."self", they are all so tastefully done. Very nice.

Hanging out here on RRB, I'm getting the notion that Brits with old U.S. bikes are akin to Yanks with old British +ground motors. Both can be easily out-performed in the day to day grind on the hard roads, by something local and (relatively) cheap, but the classiness and fun is unmatched.

Back