Hi, I have a problem...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh heh heh... johnny nightwolf, I can so relate to the storage issue whether it be bicycles, motorcycles, or car parts encroaching into the "living" space of one's dwelling. At times I crack up when looking at pictures others here on the post on this site... "Yep, that a single man there... <oh yeah, nice bike too>" I was once a single man with my bachelor pad, now I'm married and responsible... and barely keeping my OCD in check. <snicker>

Clark

It does get a little nuts. In addition to 20-30 bikes at any given point, I've also got 4 cars, a truck and a motorcycle on my property in various states of disassembly. Anyway, you're among friends here, so welcome!!!

I know Clark. What he lacks in bike quantity of bicycles he makes up for in vehicles with engines. We have an ongoing contest where we add up our cylinders. It's called what is your cylinder count? I never win and I have 4 v8 engines and an I4, to go with my tractor, lawn mowers chainsaws, etc. My exact count as of right now is: 58. If I recall correctly his is over 100. And he's sold lots!!! :shock:

8)

I've know Clark since highschool, Chevelle row LOL. Why don't you post some pictures of those mopars in the other talk forum Clark?

I've really scaled back in the cars/trucks. When I was younger it was more about quantity than quality. Also working retail auto parts store while in college years long ago and being a gear head I was exposed to many opportunities when it came to cars and parts [new/used & after market/OEM]. Let me say this, I didn't get in the hobby because there was money to be made, I got into it because it was in my blood - blame my dad for that! LOL. It just so happened I ended up accumulating a small warehouse store of parts, pieces, and cars/trucks back in the day when stuff was practically being giving away.

To make a long story short... I've gotten married and now saddled with just a two car garage and nowhere to build/expand. I had a 24'x36' and 20'x20' garages while single... and the house of course. It's killing me. LOL. I'm jonesing. So, I'm tinkering with my bicycles and motorcycles for the time being. The cars are in storage until the wife and I can buy/build.

So, to all of you dudes [and dude-ets] do not despair... I'm not dead. I haven't caved. I just can't save all the toys I come across, I haven't got that much time or money! I'm just the care taker of some vehicles until they find a good home. <snicker> I'm in the hobby with my brother, these are not trailer queen rotisserie restorations... maybe someday. We're working on quality not quantity now. It's all about time & money, wish I had more. Here's a list of highlights currently in our stable for you gear heads:
1967 Impala 427 auto
(2) 1969 SS 396 Chevelle 3sp & auto
1970 SS 454 Chevelle LS6 4sp
1970 Trans Am 400 4sp
1969 Super Bee M-code A12 car (440 6-Pack) auto
1970 Challenger RT 383 4sp

Oh man can I relate to that..been divorced 2 years, living in a 1 bedroom apartment, brought my girlfriend by this weekend..she just went around calling it "a guy's place" as there is a stingray in the living room, fairlady in the kitchen, and a bfk stingray and murray beach cruiser in the bedroom..told her at my office there are three more in pieces..she just hung her head and laughed...
Sleeper Sedan said:
Heh heh heh... johnny nightwolf, I can so relate to the storage issue whether it be bicycles, motorcycles, or car parts encroaching into the "living" space of one's dwelling. At times I crack up when looking at pictures others here on the post on this site... "Yep, that a single man there... <oh yeah, nice bike too>" I was once a single man with my bachelor pad, now I'm married and responsible... and barely keeping my OCD in check. <snicker>

Clark

Already told her the Fairlady is her's if she wants it..told her I would "theme it" anyway she wanted..she told me to put an "88" and Dale Earnhardt Jr." on the chaingaurd..thinking this one is a KEEPER !!

Sleeper Sedan said:
Heh heh heh... <high fives old school 64> Atta boy! Treat the girlfriend nice, buy her her own bike and your set.

Clark

Latest posts

Back