Hi, New member from England

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Been visiting your site for a while now and loving it!! Real insperation out there! Very new to the custom cycle scene at 46 :shock: though always had chopped motorcycles way back when....lol! I'm looking to build something with a very early framed pref. american thats real neat and simple looking [like me!] Been searching for what feels like forever, did find a nice little ''costco''..i think? Schwinn Ruler at a vw show earlier this year that i'm getting used to running around on for now that may lend its self to some ''modification''....
STP80553.jpg

....Anyway.....back to drooling over these cycles,
Cheers for listening, Boris.

:) Cheers for the welcome Skyrider....and the warning about those pesky VW guys...just kidding, just kidding :lol:

Hey fellow countryman. There are more than two of us btw but most are infrequent visitors. One fellow from Scilly, don't know if that counts as Engerland!!

I drive a Corrado which is becoming a rat all by itself, every time I get in it some essential component falls off.

welcome... i'm new myself..hahaha

i love the bike. the colors are awesome together. and my father in law has a 64 VW Bus. it was a camper top but the hippies he bought it from drove it into a tree with the top up so now it's got a simple snapping rag top. hahaha

Cheers guys!
Mick, not that far from you! I live in South Durham, love Corrados nice to see its rating its self!
Vinnie, yeh, the colours did it for me lol! Rat buses/campers are great fun!
Boris.

Welcome , I have that bike ,but mine looks like this now
DadsFancyBike003.jpg
I got tired of the orange after a while and every time I went to the beach I saw one or two of them .

TEAMKRAM....now that looks great!! I mean really great! ....the pin lines even look right and loving the bars....

Cheers Markm!

Boris

HEY! Here is our bus/bulli...thought just the Germans new that name! lol!! I've had her 12yrs and been through a few daft colour schemes here are 3 in order till present day lol!!
holland.jpg

Theonlybayinthevillage.jpg

And the brill [if i say so my self!] Camo Job!.......
OURBABY.jpg

There are loads more diff schemes ive had ....its just for fun :D
BORIS.

Cheers mate! Thanks for the welcome and giving me the chance to show off me baby! lol!
BORIS. :D

another one from england
glad to see theres more than one of us
love the checked paintjob thats not on the bus no more
im from well down south, isle of wight, nr portsmouth, except for the sea between us

Boris,
My parents had 2 VW's: the first years automatic bus from the early 70's and a 411 Station Wagon. I grew up learning how to drive on those cars. I had a 1970 bug about 1980-82. the top speed of the bus was like 75 mph and took 35 seconds to get there from 0 mph. Dual Weber Carb's I think.
Over at
http://schwinnbikeforum.com/viewforum.php?f=30
ricgre needs some help with the English/Europe section, so if you have any photos of old English 3 speeds or European bicycles. Or any ratrodbike please post them over there also. Are you willing to trade older English 3 speed bikes for American made bikes/parts?

Nice one ' No cars on mars'! My old bays getting a little long in the tooth so may even take longer than 35secs! I would love to be able to offer more to you guys from over here that are searching for those elusive bikes or pics and promise i will be more 'active' in the new year!! I'm also a member of the Schwinnbikeforum.com so know who you mean, [and many others!] though i'm sorry to say, not that active! I'm new so still enjoying reading through old post's and getting a feel of what its all about :D Loving what you guys have going on over the pond mind!!!

Back