Hi there from Northampton

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

new member from Northampton, recently got the bike bug back after a lot of years out of the saddle, commuting to work by bike now and looking to create some sort of chopper/cruiser/freaky thing for giggles at the weekend and in the evenings.

Not seen much going on round here since I restarted but I'm keen to join in with whoever is nearby for laughs and rides. Otherwise I'll just be pootling round by myself, flying the flag for odd bikes and even odder riders.

Loving some of the stuff I'm seeing on here so keep up the good work.

T

Welcome. We do a couple rides per year in Northampton, MA if that is your town.

I've seen theNorthampton MA rides...

...unfortunately I'm in the Northampton UK area. /cry

Hi Tinbox and Welcome! One event that does spring to mind close to you is Billing! The weekend of the Hotrod Fun Run the Chopper owners Club meet, Get some cool bikes down for that but it is only once a year :( ! I'm based up in County Durham!

Thanks, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for anything! I'm amazed I can't find more info online. If I was in the us or nl or most other places I'd be fine. We seem to be keeping it all secret!

Yeah it does seem grim! But things going on still, Very big cruise this Sunday down in Bournemouth (over 50 custom bikes on the one I last attended down there!)
Its organised by a club called the Crank Jesters and the cruise is called The Halloween Howler, lots are going down on the Saturday night again. If you want contact info of the organiser get in touch with me!

Our Club Website lists lots of upcoming events http://www.cruizados.com

Are you on FaceBook?

Just thought Tinman! This Friday (today) 25th Oct. its the Northampton monthly Critical Mass ride out - Halloween style!! A friend of mine also from Northampton has just today made the trophy for best dressed bike...

I'm sure you will have heard of him and his mates, they have built a bicycle wall of death/harm and organise lots of bike related stuff! I met him at Billing and at one of the Bournemouth cruises, I know he is going down to Bournemouth this weekend I can hook you up with him if you like, fantastic lad!

INFO UPDATE!!
DEPART FROM THE PAVILION AT 7PM THE AFTER PARTY IS AT THE POMFRET ARMS, DJ's -ALL POWERED BY BICYCLE POWER! + A BAND - AND A BBQ!!
Go Have Fun!! Report Back!!

I'm going on the Friday night run. It was even in the local rag! Whatever next? Bicycle routes? Better roads? Where will it end?

I don't think I can get down to Bournemouth this weekend but who knows. Thanks for the info. I've registered on Cruizados site, just waiting for acceptance...

I watched the excellent film about the "bowl of harm" that tickled me, seems like a nice guy. Fancy just coming up with a mad idea like that and making it happen. Will have to introduce myself when I get the chance.

Oh and yes am on FB will drop you a request, spotted you earlier.

The Northampton Critical Mass Spooky ride was a complete blast, some great costumes, brilliantly lit up bikes and a fantastically welcoming group of people. Had so much fun I reckon I was grinning in my sleep!

Thanks to Pete for taking some great shots in difficult circumstances. Here you can see he's caught my good side. Apologies for the lack of patches but the vest's brand new...

Great you joining RatRods has led to all this! Real pleased! And yeah GLund! Sure we will catch up at Billing if not before!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

And I promise you GLund you will meet a lot more than a few! :) :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

I'll keep searching the Billing, and other websites for the 2014 dates!!! Shift worker so have to check if I'm off, or plead to the wife for booking holiday!!! Hopefully son will ride 2nd cruiser, although at 12 he claims it's "too embarassing"!!! (He's not learned taste yet at school!!!)

Taste isn't done until 4th year, he's probably doing "Meh" and "Oh, Dad!" at the moment, possibly "Whatever" classes if they're really advanced at his school. See if he's done advanced tutting and shrugging, they all seem to pick that one up well - it should be a degree course!

This is my starting point, wonder what it'll end up like....

And yes - this was a midnight photo, I couldn't wait!

Latest posts

Back