hi

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am a bike nut i have been collecting bikes for a long time but only seriously for about a year now. i have just done the first rad rod bike for my girlfriend nothing to crazy but its my first effort.
i like wierd bikes odd stuff.
i am going to do a raleigh twenty rat rod next but i will post some pics of my first effort in the pics section.
so this forum looks cool i am looking forward to meeting some people here from different places and exchanging ideas and thoughts about this hobby.

cheers.
bill

thanks man is good to be here.

it is funny i recieved my love of bikes from my mother when she would tell me stories about her black raleigh three speed when i was a little kid.
my mother was very sick most of her life with a mental illness called schizophrenia.
last year she passed aways a week after my birthday and two days before her sixtieth birthday.
it was a very hard time.
the day of my mothers funeral i found a absolutely beautiful raleigh vintage bike in a thrift store on the way home.
it was uncanny as a bike like that was in one of the photos i used for her tribute during her funeral.
i buy and sell some of the old bikes but some of them will always be special to me and i will never sell that bike is one of them.
i have just begun to experiment with swapping bits and pieces on bikes and have had a long passion for hot rods and custom cars in general.
i usualy like the underdog stuff wich is put together with little or no budget,allthough i do appreciate the hi end stuff to.
here in vancouver there is a few places to get parts but many places here in town they charge way way way tooo much for the stuff.
i think ebay and found in the wild is the way to go for much of this stuff,or if you are lucky to be able fabricating your own is a good way to go too.
well i dont know much yet but i hope to be able to put together some more bikes this year.

it is funny i recieved my love of bikes from my mother when she would tell me stories about her black raleigh three speed when i was a little kid.
my mother was very sick most of her life with a mental illness called schizophrenia.
last year she passed aways a week after my birthday and two days before her sixtieth birthday.
it was a very hard time.
the day of my mothers funeral i found a absolutely beautiful raleigh vintage bike in a thrift store on the way home.
it was uncanny as a bike like that was in one of the photos i used for her tribute during her funeral.

....wow...

Welcome!

Welcome Billy, You should fit in good here. There's something for everyone and from your discription, your likes for bikes rides across the board. I love all bikes but my passion is building the "little to no money" bikes. Show us what ya gotz!
Chainsaw

thanks.
i generaly have a limit to how much i will spend on a bike to buy it.
usualy i wont spend over thirty dollars unless it is something exceptionaly nice. i think if you are patient enough often a bike will just arrive in the right place at the right time.

Back