Hiawatha Arrow to Frisco ride! Picture heavy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm establishing a ride for the Rolling Relics in San Francisco. We usually ride in the central valley of California and I absoultely love Frisco so I took it upon myself to set this up. This is my solo test ride. It's about 22 miles round trip from the Bay Bridge to the other side of the Golden Gate and ya, I did it with 1 speed and coaster brakes only in a ND model D skiptooth. Ya, i'm hardcore and ride my bikes! So grab some refreshments. Here we go. The day started off rather foggy, windy and cold.
Photo2060smaller.jpg
Photo2062smaller.jpg
Photo2066smaller.jpg
This is the beutiful Palace of Fine Arts.
Photo2072smaller.jpg
Photo2073smaller.jpg
Photo2075smaller.jpg

Off to The Golden Gate! Btw the black thing around my Tomahawk stem is my chain and lock for obvious beer stops!
Photo2080smaller.jpg
Photo2094smaller.jpg
There was only 2 streets I had to walk up to get to the top off the bridge and I didn't feel bad because the mountain bike guys were doing it too! :lol: For some reson they were looking at me crazy for passing them on a cruiser that weighs as much as a Sherman tank!
Photo2098smaller.jpg

Made it to the top off the bridge with 40 mph gusts hitting me from the sidewind wanting to push me over!
Photo2102smaller.jpg

This is the base of the first tower of the bridge. The bridge was completed in 1937 and my bike is a 1938 so I thought that was kool. My tires are getting renamed Golden Gate tires since they are a perfect color match.
Photo2104smaller.jpg
Photo2106smaller.jpg

Heading back toward Pier 39 I saw this gorgeous clipper ship and had to stop for some pictures.
Photo2111smaller.jpg
Photo2112smaller.jpg
Photo2114smaller.jpg

At this time the weather started to clear up so the day ended up being perfect. This is the famous Transamerica pyramid buiding behind me on the pier shot. I love Frisco!
Photo2120smaller.jpg

The last shot was a given! Arrow by BIG Arrow!!!!!
Photo2125smaller.jpg

This ride will take place officially Sunday on Sept. 4th. We will meet up at the Hi Dive bar which is right under the Bay bridge going south on the Embarcadero towards AT&T park at 10 am. The ride will last until around 5pm probably depending on how many stops we take for pictures or food. And there is a Giants game that day at 1pm so be prepared for traffic heading home. Most of us will probably stay the night there in a hotel to avoid the havoc and enjoy the rest of the evening in the city. There are plenty kool clubs I can suggest for live music with great local bands so come on out. Rolling Relics Ride Vintage!!!!!

This is going to be one of those "I wish I went" rides for those who don't make it. Getting pumped for this one! Hopefully I'll have my bike built up by than.. If not I'll be make something happen. I'm there!

Wait till you guys see the rest of the coverage of the ride when there will be more of us on Sept. 4th doing it. I'll post up pictures the following sunday. :D

Wait! Did you say this is the Palace of Fine Arts? This bike belongs inside the building! What a beauty! Cool thread, great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Photo2073smaller.jpg

Thanks for the great comments guys!!

I only have 1 arrow, but I do have a crusty airflow for sale on ebay right now for $1500 opeing bid! I have 2 other airflows besides the crusty 1 for sale so it's time to sell 1.

That is the Palace of Fine Arts. The science exploratorium is right next door. I love San Francisco!!

slick said:
Thanks for the great comments guys!!

I only have 1 arrow, but I do have a crusty airflow for sale on ebay right now for $1500 opeing bid! I have 2 other airflows besides the crusty 1 for sale so it's time to sell 1.

RIGHT ON!

Wish I was 2100 miles closer :shock: ... Would love to ride in San Francisco!... looking forward to next week pics!

Back