Higgins -- any thoughts? Junk?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you think this is just junk or what? I think I can get the house paint off?

Attachments

• IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    679.8 KB
  • IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    561.6 KB
  • IMG_0634.JPG
    IMG_0634.JPG
    702 KB
  • IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    759.2 KB
Is it a freebie? It looks salvageable and is one of those with cottered cranks. There's a story about those I should have written down, can't remember now.

Nice score.

Coteries cranks? No not free might have to pay the guy like 40 bucks idk? Maybe just skip it then?

Yes it's "junk"........ wink, wink .......
You should just ship it to Texas , I will get rid of it here . Hahaha .
I would do something with it for 40$ bucks ....... good luck on your journey.

For $40 the only way I wouldn't buy it, is if my wife snagged my wallet before I could get the cash out!

Jason

Disclaimer: vintage bike stuff isn't as common around here as 'back east'...so, anything vintagey is worth a couple 20s in my eyes. For you east coast guys that are swimming in this stuff...40 might be 'high' :shake:

Ya I hear you. I have not paid the guy yet so not 100 percent sure. It would be fun to see if it can get that house paint off of it ...

Cotter pin cranks on a Higgins is common on European built higgy's.

Rafael

Coteries cranks? No not free might have to pay the guy like 40 bucks idk? Maybe just skip it then?
Cottered cranks on a Higgins isn't as common as the one piece crank. It's probably worth 40 easily.

So maybe I will get it then and see if I can get the house paint off of it.

I'd buy it for $40, looks like a great start to something good.

Cotter cranks are crap in my opinion, especially those made specifically for the U.S. market. The good news is that they can usually be replaced with a modern square taper crank.

Latest posts

Back