Higgins but how old ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
when i bought this, i was thinking mid fifties or so from the cell phone pics i had. An aquaintance called and said they found a bike in his mother in laws property and wanted to know if i wanted it. I certainly didn't want to discourage those kind of calls so I offered $50 thinking that if the beehive was good i could get my money back there at least. now I am thinking it is older as it came with skiptooth sprokets as well as the beehive. Anyone have any idea on year?

higginsserialnumber_zpseed542c5.jpg

higgins-2_zps755eb148.jpg

Someone else will chime in with the exact year. I don't remember how the codes work, but I have three of these Murray built frames. There are two styles of beehives. One where the upper trusses hook onto the top of the beehive like yours and then one where the upper trusses come down and mount into the body of the fork.

This is a really cool frame/fork. You should use it for RRBBO8....or sell it to me!

Terry66 said:
Someone else will chime in with the exact year. I don't remember how the codes work, but I have three of these Murray built frames. There are two styles of beehives. One where the upper trusses hook onto the top of the beehive like yours and then one where the upper trusses come down and mount into the body of the fork.

This is a really cool frame/fork. You should use it for RRBBO8....or sell it to me!

Make me an offer Terry, I have $50 in it.

Back