Higgins Hot Rod Cruiser! Pics update...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So this week's been interesting to say the least, bought a 3G Chopper, which under no other circumstances would I have given it a second look (wiser now, part out was worth it!)... and "Chopped" it up:eek:! Traded for a really cool frame (in case anybody was wondering where Kingfish's Higgins went?):thumbsup:. The next day received a pair of Quick Brick white walls (From "rydr", thanks Rob!):thumbsup:. And on top of it all, the weather in FL has actually been pretty cool and windy, keeping me from doing any painting:headbang:

Since I wasn't getting anywhere on the build off bike, and have a ride this weekend, figured I'd toss something together real quick for the ride... seeing's how I had these new toys on hand. I'm not sure what is gonna happen with this, at current it's a temporary situation as I was seeing the Higgins with a monarch style springer fork on it, and the repop springer was going towards the build off bike...

Have a nice tan recovered springer seat, but I have to remove a rather tight seat post that somebody apparently buried it two feet into the frame with a sledge hammer!!!

Great to see that Higgins frame built up! The WW bricks look nice on it.

Alright, so I'm still not fully decided on this, but I made a bit of a commitment! I've always liked the custom old school lace painting graphics, figured I'd give it a shot... the fact that I was able to find a paint that matched the powder coat helped. Chain guard was due to be used on something, so it went, stripped, primed, masked, painted. Naturally, taking into consideration who's authoring this story, I wasn't happy with the first attempt! I kind'a rushed it and just wasn't happy with it. Took it back to the strip pool... the results:

Here it is parked in front of "Terrapin Tavern"... You Deadheads should get that one!
The current plan is to add a sweeper fender starting at the rear stays and incorporate the lace and striping into it. I was going to just do a bobbed fender but there is not a lot of room with the quick bricks... Hope you's like it!

Well Luke, you ought to love this then!
Never one to leave well enough alone...
Hot Rod Higgins receives some additional updates in the form of some old school lace work on the added fender...

Back