BO15 Higgy-o

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dug out some seats this afternoon and tried them out. I'm going to use the first or second one.the black one just seemed a little klunky. I might try to do a color change on the second seat.
20200523_141335.jpg
20200523_143211.jpg
20200523_143333.jpg

I like the second seat, better contours and color. Build is all tying in so well!

Awesome build! Love the FAT franks, I wish Schwalbe made them without reflectors..... *looking at your picture* wait what? :43:

And I like your sign in the workshop aswel!
I have a set with the reflective strips. On a tip from a fellow rat rodder i tried to peel the strips off. I got about a third of the way around before it wouldn't give up any more. I did see a set on a bike at a swap meet where someone with a steady hand took a paint pen and colored the stripe in. It looked really good. I have several signs to hang in my work area/ basement/ hoarders paradise, if i ever get finished remodeling.

I like the second seat, better contours and color. Build is all tying in so well!
I'm liking the second seat the more i look at it. It has some color issues on the other side. I may try to recolor it. If i go that direction i could match the grips perfectly. Lot of color choices with high quality vinyl spray.
20200524_095837.jpg
20200524_100055_001.jpg

I got a set of headlights today i'm planing on mounting to the handle bars. Pretty sure i have a set of brackets around here somewhere. I replaced the normal lenses with a set of bullet shaped ones from ebay. Still looking for a cool tail light. I have a couple ideas i'm going to mock up. Pictures to come.
20200526_203947.jpg
20200526_204027_001.jpg

Kinda stuck in a holding pattern right now. I've got parts and pieces coming in the mail. Looks like Monday will be christmas for me. Usps Fedex and Ups all show deliveries that day. I'm going to get started on some fenders if they will fit with the Fat Franks. The first set is a set of original 47 higgins sent to me from fellow builder Couch Tater. Will fit them up and see if they will fit before i start stripping them down. The second set i've had for a while. The patina on these is just dying for some pinstripping. My weekend to work but i will try to get them fitted up.
20200529_195530.jpg
20200529_195541.jpg
20200529_195655.jpg
20200529_195737.jpg

Those lenses look almost like clear old school Christmas lights.

If you use the fenders I sent you, I found out after way too much unnecessary paint removal labor that carb cleaner melts that stuff right off. I like the way your build is going.

If you use the fenders I sent you, I found out after way too much unnecessary paint removal labor that carb cleaner melts that stuff right off. I like the way your build is going.
Thanks for that carb cleaner tip. I always use aircraft stripper and always manage to get it somewhere on my skin. I don't miss that burn at all.

Kinda stuck in a holding pattern right now. I've got parts and pieces coming in the mail. Looks like Monday will be christmas for me. Usps Fedex and Ups all show deliveries that day. I'm going to get started on some fenders if they will fit with the Fat Franks. The first set is a set of original 47 higgins sent to me from fellow builder Couch Tater. Will fit them up and see if they will fit before i start stripping them down. The second set i've had for a while. The patina on these is just dying for some pinstripping. My weekend to work but i will try to get them fitted up.View attachment 123180View attachment 123181View attachment 123182View attachment 123183
Only thing I'm expecting on Monday is a few stocking stuffers and a lump of coal . :confused:

Finally got caught up on the yard work and snuck in a little work on the rear rack/beer rack. It started life as a radio tot wagon. I used a set of delta torpedo headlights i was going to mount on the handlebars. I swapped out the bullet lenses for a set of red ones i purchased on ebay. The wagon was disassembled and stripped. The white lights were painted and mounted. I installed some oak and popular slats inside. I stil have to trim the inside and it will be ready for pinstripping and lettering.
1a49de2aedc2af3a7bdc796b5b2bab51.jpg
20200526_203947.jpg
20200603_175813.jpg
20200603_175832.jpg
20200603_175841.jpg
20200603_175753.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome work on that beer wagon! Wr had a " Wagon, Wheelbarrow, Cart, blah, blah" build off a couple years back that was really fun! Your work on this Tot would have fit right in!

That rack screams Elroy Jetson to me.

Finally got caught up on the yard work and snuck in a little work on the rear rack/beer rack. It started life as a radio tot wagon. I used a set of delta torpedo headlights i was going to mount on the handlebars. I swapped out the bullet lenses for a set of red ones i purchased on ebay. The wagon was disassembled and stripped. The white lights were painted and mounted. I installed some oak and popular slats inside. I stil have to trim the inside and it will be ready for pinstripping and lettering.
Very cool wagon/rack. :) Wrackon?

Latest posts

Back