HIGH TIDE Ride :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up a Sun Spyder with HUGE 4" wide tires. I thought it would be heavy and hard to ride, but it actually rides very well and will ride through the softest of sand. I am actually really starting to LOVE this bike!

file-33.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-30.jpg

I finally had some time to lace up the 8 speed. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I would HIGHLY recommend this upgrade to anyone with a fat tire bike. It is much more enjoyable

file-34.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-42.jpg

file-46.jpg

file-48.jpg

Way cool mod to that bike!!!

wheelbender6 said:
Looks like a great bike for desert riding, too.

Well if you decide to come out this way and do some Desert Riding make sure the tubes are lined with steel..ha ha Man out here when you come out of the desert your tires look like a pin cushion.

Did some work on the Spyder this past week. Added an electric hub, saddle bags and rear rack. LOVE this bike :)

file-50.jpg

file-49.jpg

file-54.jpg

file-56.jpg

file-57.jpg

file-59.jpg

file-61.jpg

file-63.jpg

file-72.jpg

file-79.jpg

Worked on the Spyder a bit. Added a 1000W hub (internal controller) and built a custom box to house the 48V 20AH battery I built out of laptop cells. This thing FLIES! :)

The Sun Spyder was the first "Fat Bike" i ever saw or rode....Unfortunately I couldn't spring for one, and settled for a Beast...

any chance you would sell me your old two speed hub so I could make my Beast a little more fun to ride?

Back