TRADITIONAL Highway Star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, here we go. I have a bunch of parts without a real plan, so it will be one disaster at a time. These build offs are great motivation for getting things done. Have fun
IMG_4923.jpeg
IMG_4924.jpeg
IMG_4925.jpeg
IMG_4926.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg
IMG_4928.jpeg

Wow, that is a great collection of bits and baubles to build something fun and cool with!

Your parts pile has potential! Old skool cool.

Nice work on the crank clean / chain ring swap.

It is so true, motivation is not what is holding me up. I think it is like writer’s block only in bike terms. Part of the time I want to make look original, the other part of the time I want to chop the fenders, get rid of the chain guard and rack, put a 24 on the back and a 29 on the front😒. This is where I am at today. I hope everyone is on schedule and having a goodtime.
IMG_4946.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4965.jpeg
IMG_4967.jpeg
IMG_4970.jpeg
IMG_4969.jpeg

It is so true, motivation is not what is holding me up. I think it is like writer’s block only in bike terms. Part of the time I want to make look original, the other part of the time I want to chop the fenders, get rid of the chain guard and rack, put a 24 on the back and a 29 on the front😒. This is where I am at today. I hope everyone is on schedule and having a goodtime.View attachment 265598View attachment 265599View attachment 265600View attachment 265601View attachment 265602View attachment 265603View attachment 265604
Off topic but……….that Klein!!

It is so true, motivation is not what is holding me up. I think it is like writer’s block only in bike terms. Part of the time I want to make look original, the other part of the time I want to chop the fenders, get rid of the chain guard and rack, put a 24 on the back and a 29 on the front😒. This is where I am at today. I hope everyone is on schedule and having a goodtime.

You can't go wrong with either of those options. Just keep playing with it, until it feels right. Throw the 24/29 wheels on it and see if the vibe hits you. Just have fun.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I am taking the tires off the Klein for this build. I was going to sell it but is rides nice around town, apparently not so good on the downhill😀.I found a seat, it is Dutch and weighs 4 pounds. Weight weenies cringe. It has 7 springs.
IMG_4971.jpeg
IMG_4973.jpeg

Really diggin' this saddle! And my favorite configuration is this one:

tucker build I like.jpeg

Leave the fenders and frame as is, get yourself around 5 cans of rattle can paint, and go to town RaT-inafying the tank and fork!
I like the mixed tire thing too. The skinnier front could be a 26" too and will leave a gap between fender and tire that will have a gasser look to it. And get a fat 26" in the rear, or a fatty 24" even better!

Back