His and hers schwinns????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering buying both of these bikes. Only thing I am aware of is that they are schwinns. Does anyone know about the era these could be from? Not sure if skiptooth or not but they seem to be all original.

Thanks a bunch.

9cd235c806fb37764c635cdfb9d250b3.jpg

6221c76e89ebd45b8a594545058fc65e.jpg

60's schwinns, girls is a fiesta if thats a painted tank... , guys looks like it was an american with spray bombed fenders maybe, looks like it had a reverse screen chainguard ... fleets and americans were the only ones with those but fleets had painted wheels and americans had chrome fenders.

the chainguards are dead give aways for a 60s schwinn, by 67 all schwinns had chrome wheels (lower models had painted / higher had chrome before that) in 67 the seat tube decal had 3 stars on each side, 66 and earlier didn't. you can always learn the serial decodes too to, serials will tell you the year, stems and cranks are also stamped with the years on them too.

Thanks, they are a little ways out from me. So I had no serial numbers or any other pics. What do you think is a fair price for the pair? I might be taking the trip tomorrow and would hate to make the trip and come home empty handed or overpaying too much.

looks like they need a lot of work and redoing them gets expensive fast. $50 each would be about all I would want to be involved if it were me. You could probably buy nice originals for less money than it would take to male those "look" nice again in if that's what your after. If you just want a couple bikes to tinker with they'd fit the bill though if they weren't too expensive.

I would not fully restore or anything. Maybe new bearings, get rid of some of the rust on them, get some new tubes and tires. Just a little to make good for riding and enjoying nothing crazy. And they are listed as $45 a piece.. Plus the gas to get there and back. So I would be a little over $100 or so for the pair.

Back