HodgePodge All Pro... ALL FINISHED!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HodgePodge All Pro... Smothered in Red

a geared bike...AWESOME! The shifter is very cool too. This should make for a very usable, comfortable riding bike :D

Trudging onward. No real canti frame should be without a coaster brake!
Arm stripped and fitted:
photo-40.jpg

Test fitted:
photo-41.jpg

Still need some paint and a spoon and she'll be finished up.

Green P1 said:
Life's gotten in the way a bit lately... but I did manage to get a little paint on the coaster arm this past week. Need to come up with a bracket and get this thing mounted now.

photo-42.jpg

Hmmmmmm, that gives me an idea for my shifter.

kingfish254 said:
Green P1 said:
Life's gotten in the way a bit lately... but I did manage to get a little paint on the coaster arm this past week. Need to come up with a bracket and get this thing mounted now.

photo-42.jpg

Hmmmmmm, that gives me an idea for my shifter.

I had the exact same idea once I started cutting on the old arm. Filed it away for a later date/build since it wouldn't quite fit this ride. I'd love to see what someone can do with it!

I have already started browsing ebay for some cool coaster arms.
I may still use the cut up skiptood chainring, or I might even fabricate something myself.
Undecided at this point.

Took her out on a fairly long shakedown ride today and determined two things right away.
1. The derailleur still needs a fair amount of adjustment.
2. The handlebars were a miserable sight to look down upon.
The derailleur will be attended to at a later date but I went right ahead and wrapped the bars tonight.
photo-43.jpg

photo-44.jpg

I like this look much more. Also thinking of shortening the cables up a bit and figuring out something out for a headbadge.

HodgePodge took a seat on the back burner this past week... Its gotten nice and warm outside and the girlfriend's been reminding me rather fervently that I needed to finish up the Higgins I built for her... Outside of a functioning horn, maybe a headlight, and lacing the skip hub into a non rusted out new wheel/spokes, she is DONE.

photo-45.jpg

Wow, that's PURDY!!!!!

Got the 1950 ColorFlow knocked out and the tank painted on my 1951 Huffy Convertible so I figured I'd get to cracking on the Hodgepodge a bit more.
I've had this cool idea for the taillight/license plate for quite a while now. Started with the rear reflector off the long since sold Raleigh.
photo-46.jpg

JB Weld time.
photo-48.jpg

I'll hopefully add a little more JB Weld tomorrow and start mocking it onto the bike tomorrow.

I'd be flabbergasted if anyone know what this thing is yet...

Re: HodgePodge All Pro.. Beginning Tail light/License plate

I was guessing clock, but digital photo frame sounds more practical.

raggedjim said:
kingfish254 said:
I was guessing clock, but digital photo frame sounds more practical.

If it is, he's a genius! If it's not, I'm going to be a genius! Rg

I know, one more thing to look for. Small digital photo frame to scroll through various license plates photos or photoshoot pics of your build or just about anything. Either way, it is a great idea to steal!!!!!!!

raggedjim said:
Clock? Digital photo frame? Just guesses from the 3 buttons on the back.

Did I flabbergast ya? Rg
Well dang.... I guess I shoulda hid the buttons a bit better! I knew I should have waited quite a bit later before revealing my trump card. It's neither a digital clock or photo frame but.... You're on the right track though.

Maybe some other sort of programable screen that you can shoose what text it shows?

Green P1 said:
Trudging onward. No real canti frame should be without a coaster brake!
Arm stripped and fitted:
photo-40.jpg

Test fitted:
photo-41.jpg

Still need some paint and a spoon and she'll be finished up.
NICE idea!!!

Latest posts

Back