Home town hero part deux

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of years ago I started this build as part of the Muscle Bike Build-off. Started may be a bit of an overstatement, I put together a pile of cool parts and then started imagining cool ways to finish the bike. Procrastination got the better of me and I ended dropping out of the build-off.

I found out this week that my grandson will be visiting next weekend and we don't have a bike for him to ride. We sold his last bike because it was getting seriously too small for him. With a little luck and determination I will attempt to build him a bike by next Friday evening.

DSC_0001.JPG

The frame is a Leader Marquis that was manufactured in Montreal in the 1970's. My plan is to something a little like a Schwinn Krate.
dsc01410.jpg

Black.png

Sometimes the best way to get started is to just start, Friday night I starte sanding and finished up the job Saturday
20210807_163605.jpg
20210807_164005.jpg

I gave everything a coat of etching primer Saturday and shot flat black (pics to come later) today. I just love the way frames look with a fresh coat of paint
20210807_171422.jpg

Love it! Another Canadian model. Or, since it's from Montreal, should I say Canadien? Lots of friends had Leaders in the garage, I never knew they came from so close to home.

Latest posts

Back