TRADITIONAL Hops and Gnarly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many cowboys and so few bikes.

Not to be confused with the Hoss Cartwright mini-bike!
5224e2300e067dbcac1927d6d6452fbd.jpg

My opening salvo and the hint for a name was all I could offer. No October surprises for this one.

Really got my hopes up when @marshall hudson posted those fender thingies. Could have been a good mystery tracking down the jewels or trying to replicate them.

More of a job for Banacek though if you remember that one.

1717646228436.png

Pic of Haus Cartwright on that tiny plastic mini bike is gold. :D

These models had the geegaws for sure

My entry for last year’s build ( which I did not finish ) was Sheriff Woody inspired. I was on the hunt for a cowhide pattern saddle, but was unable to locate one. I think Origin 8 made one a while back, but like I said, I couldn’t get my hands on one; it would have made my bike for sure.

It's been over two weeks since I've touched the bike but I made a little progress today. Since today is a holiday I had some time to take the frame and fork to the media blasting cabinet and take them back to bare naked metal.

Before:
IMG_7624.JPG

After:
IMG_7633.JPG

Here's a full picture of both.
IMG_7627.JPG

I always love seeing these restorations at this stage! It so cool to see the brazing and naked metal! It's a little disappointing when I have to break out the primer gun.

Here's a full picture of both.
View attachment 270171

I always love seeing these restorations at this stage! It so cool to see the brazing and naked metal! It's a little disappointing when I have to break out the primer gun.

I agree. I think that is why I like @Dr. Tankenstein 's Bare Flyte build so much.
Looking forward to your work on this one too. Glad that one has the fork blades that are open at the bottom. They can still be a bear to work with wheel installation though.

Back