TRADITIONAL Hops and Gnarly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all the parts sanded, cleaned, and strung up in the Delta Frames ready for paint.

View attachment 272007
View attachment 272008

After everything was ready to go, I went outside to set up the cones in a shaded area but quickly decided that it was still way too hot to paint. I've got my eye on Saturday for the next chance.
love the spray frame setup never thought of a setup like that, I use the frame from a hanging egg chair which is handy and a good height

I know all y'all have been suffering in heat for weeks. But a little heat on 4th weekend would be nice. Cancelling fireworks all over up here, got another 1"+ of rain today,highs in the low 60's. We might get 1.5 days out of the 4 day weekend with no rain. We've been averaging temps 10 degreesbelow normal since May 1.

love the spray frame setup never thought of a setup like that, I use the frame from a hanging egg chair which is handy and a good height
I'll never go back to anything else. So simple, inexpensive, and effective. I think that everyone should own a set!

To hot to paint? Or too hot to be outside painting? Hotter than the 4th of July over here in OH. 😅
Both actually. The reducer that I have is not rated for HADES!

aur610-1_500x@2x.webp

I know all y'all have been suffering in heat for weeks. But a little heat on 4th weekend would be nice. Cancelling fireworks all over up here, got another 1"+ of rain today,highs in the low 60's. We might get 1.5 days out of the 4 day weekend with no rain. We've been averaging temps 10 degreesbelow normal since May 1.
We could probably use some rain here and our highest chance of rain is tomorrow. Just in time for an outdoor gig with an Allman Brothers cover band that I play with.:blackeye: (Murphy's Law.)

I knew you played, but I didn't know you were in an Allman Brothers cover band.

He had been living just outside of Savannah for a good many years when he passed.

1720139875859.png

That’s cool! What do you play?
View attachment 272017
I knew you played, but I didn't know you were in an Allman Brothers cover band.

He had been living just outside of Savannah for a good many years when he passed.

View attachment 272018

@Chad T , I'm a drummer.
@kingfish254 , Sadly, every original ABB member is gone now except for one of the drummers (Jaimo). They were such a great band.

As expected. our gig was canceled due to the weather.

I was able to paint at around 10am this morning while the temperature was still in the low 80s. So even though I'm behind schedule, the paintwork on this phase of the project is done.

I didn't get pictures of the other parts but here's the frame.

IMG_7701.JPG

Super clean paintjob.
Johnny Cash would be proud.

Super clean paintjob.
Thanks!

Moving to the next step is always hard whenever I do a 'Legacy Restoration'.

Here's the Roadmaster Supreme that I just finished a couple of months ago.

It looked so cool in bare metal.

Bare metal right.JPG

Then (like today) when I painted it, the fresh shiny paint looked too good to mess with.

IMG_4094.JPG

But when it was finished, the patina made it worth messing up a perfectly good paint job!

IMG_7271.JPG

IMG_7139.JPG

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7222.JPG

waterslide decal.JPG

Yessir!
Time for the magic to start!

Back