Hornet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up FOR FREE this evening. It's been completely torn apart, but appears to have all the pieces to rebuild it in this form. If I'm reading the serial correctly it's a November '61 bike. It was used for many years by a factory worker to get around the plant. I'm pumped that the tank sides are still there. Now to decide what to do with it!

IMG_0723.jpg

sweet freebie! i have a 62' american h.d. myself, same color. diggin the utility box on the back. got a murray with a similar set up on the back and a basket up front. comes in handy, but id throw it on another bike and rat this one out.

Sking's is a deluxe Hornet, ZZ's is probably a standard Hornet. Both cool!!! Sking, I wouldn't change much, just clean up & ride!!! :mrgreen: ~Adam

Thanks everyone. I don't think I'm going to do much with this one right now. Thoroughly clean and grease all the bits and pieces, probably get a new wheelset and tires, and strip the fenders since they aren't a matching set.

Find a matching red 9 hole rear rack and then get a Rocket Ray headlight and you will be in the chips! Gary

Skiing--is that a 24"?
My dad has a red '60 Hornet that he found curbside, sans wheels, fenders, tank & truss rods. He didn't realize he had a 24" until he built it up w/26" wheels & it felt a little funny.

Back