Houston, TX Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have been lurking/posting on here for the last few months so I guess it is time to finally do one of these. hmmmm where to start, well I am from Houston, TX more specifically Kingwood. By the way Kingwood is a great place to ride bikes. We have around 75+ miles of greenbelt trails that wind mostly through the woods. They are especially fun at night and even more fun after a few cold adult beverages....... :D If you live in the Kingwood area I have no doubt that you have seen my wife or I cruising around at some point.

I am 33 now (yes I know I am old) and I started riding BMX when I was a kid. Later on I got into mountain biking and I did that for about 10 years. I got married 5 years ago and I always told my wife how fun the greenbelts were to bike on but she would never go because she thought my mountain bikes and 24” GT cruiser were too uncomfortable.

So I finally decided to get her a bike of her own. We have an older hippie friend we use to hang out with when we were younger and he had a bunch of old Schwinns and I remembered how much my wife liked them. So I bought her an Electra Hawaii 1 in pearl mint. Needless to say I was jealous as all heck and I decided to buy myself an Electra Ratrod. So the addiction starts……. I then bought an Electra New Belgium Brewery bike, then I decided I wanted to build a bike so I picked up an old beat up Schwinn (which is my RatRod Buildoff 3 Bike)…..then I picked up a 1997 Schwinn for $25 that is in really good condition…………did I mention I have an addictive personality….. My brother is now on the kick and I think he is up to 4 bikes in about 3 months......

Anyways this is getting way too long...... if anyone is from the Kingwood area and you see a bearded guy on an Electra RatRod or a bright Orange cruiser honk or say hi. Oh yeah I am generally sporting a Keystone Light hat as well….. Best beer per dollar and that is a fact not an opinion….. :lol: Notice I said per dollar…… I do like microbrew beer more but cmon we are talking per dollar.

Later,

Eric

Welcome! ....33...."old"......hmm!

StephenH said:
Welcome to the forums- Dallas area here. (I grew up in Clute, down south of you, for what that is worth).
Didn't know anybody would actually own up to being from Clute. Most say they are from West Colombia ,or Freeport haha
Just kidding.Welcome Person. Wish I was 33 again :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back