How big a meat on a 24" frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ratsters,

I'm a newbie here so don't break my ch**ry too bad :)

My idea is to get a cantilever frame (ie. Schwinn) that came stock with 24" rims.

Only thing is i want the fat 24X3s to rest underneath it.

I see all your bikes with the fat meats, but I can't tell if these are 24" frames or 26"ers.

Can my idea work?

Thx

Spin

I'm new to here to! My fat western listed under the gallery is a 26" bike and I'm running 24"x3" tires with standard 24" rims. I tried to use them in a 24" frame and they would not fit at all, too tall and wide. From what I see the wide 24's are almost the same height as 26's. Hope this helps.

can it work? you ask!

sure it can! :mrgreen: there are 3 inch tires for 20 24 and 26. it just depends on the "frame" you have! Many different bike frames already have the room. You will need to get out your trusty measuring tape and measure weather or not you have a little more than 3" between your stays..... both the top and bottom ones...if you do.... then giver :D :wink:

FW

"...You will need to get out your trusty measuring tape and measure weather or not you have...."

....! You're making me work already? I've only been here 1 day ! :) :)

Well, I guess like all good things, and like Ringo said, it don't come easy.

I was kinda hoping one of you other ratsters had already done this.

Spin

you are kidding me right ? :shock: :wink:

I'm proud to say it takes work to build the bikes that you see here! alot of sweat, blood, and tears

this is what hangs in my garage

D980~Busted-Knuckle-Garage-Posters.jpg

get out of that chair and measure it my friend!

sorry there are just too many different frames and changes from year to year to give you a stright answer.....

when you find the frame you like you will have to measure it.

good luck

FW

haha nice sign firewalker! i can tell i havn't worked on a project in awhile seeing as how all my wounds have healed...:p

yea measure the dropouts a 26" frame should do it for you :)

practice make perfect

Thanks for all the replys ma' bruthas.

I kinda have this idea in my head on how i want it to look, but obviously I don't have a .... clue on how to go about it.

Basically, a Russ Mitchell Excile look. Fattest of meats on the smallest of frames with the biggest of 1" OD apes. Oh, and a suicide shifter comin' off the tube with a shull knob that'll be for a rear brake.

And i want it tomorrow....

Spin

Back