How can I lower a Cruiser Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a post on here at one point. Cant find it again to save my life but. Does anyone know what i could do as far as cutting and welding to lower a bike? i need a low center of gravity for an engine ill be mounting.

can change the rear drop outs to a larger plate and move the rear wheel slot up, but that will change the neck angle, then you may have to de rake it to get it all back into specs.

changing the rake angle is no big for a pedal bike, just kinda makes it harder to turn, or twitchy to ride depending on which way ya go, but when you add a motor to the mix, gotta make sure it handles well.

yeah thats my concern. ive made choppers with 4 foot long forks before and motorized fine. better handling at higher speeds, but kind of new to the cruiser genre of bikes.

what kind of engine you going to use?

you can also simply cut out the lower frame rail and move it lower with a big bend in it to get the engine lower in the frame. it will retain stock ride height, with a reduced center of gravity.

70cc 2 stroke engine.

i may go with the fork raking option or get some monarch or springer forks.

Back