How do I fit a 24X3 inch tire on my chopper frame...HELP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dropout on my chopper frame seems to only support 2.125 inch tires up to 26 inches. My chopper would look so much cooler if I could get a 24X3 inch tire on it. I tried to put one on but it does not work. What modification to the dropout needs to be made in order to put this type of tire on the bike without the tire rubbing the frame or the chain? I do not have welding skills and I have no idea who to send my bike to for the modications.

My other option is to just buy another chopper that comes from the factory with a 3 inch tire ready frame. Before I do that I want to know if there is something that can be done with the bike I already have. I am trying to see if modifying the chopper I already have will be cheaper than buying a new or used 3 inch tire ready chopper like the Nirve or Electra chopper bikes. Any help would be appreciated!

By the way this is totally different bike from the one that I am talking about in the other post about the Kustom Kruiser with the same issue.

Thanks dudes, I will check out some of the older posts about this same issue. Appreciate your help!!

different bikes call for different measures. most frames that will clear a 26X2.125 will clear a 24x3. take my bike "the higgins." with that bike i used a wide felt rear wheel and a set of electra fattio tires. i had to "redish" the wheel by that i mean change the spacing on the hub pushing the gear further away from the tire so it would clear. this ment i also had to space out the sprocket out as well so not to affect the chain line too much. basicly the hard part is to get the chain to run cleanly around the tire but still clear the frame. it is a trial and error deal and there is no clear cut setup. good example is the ratty truck which i basicly just tossed that 24x3 in there with no issues at all on fit

Back