how do i make a

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a springer front end i bought fit my bike ?

it fits my wifes typhoon witch has a 6.5 inch head tube but my head tube is 5.5 inches but if i jsut cut the threads down the part that goes over the threaded part wont go all the way down it puts it in a bind

anyway love the site and thx for the help

get a pipe theader or take it to someone that has one. before you cut off excess thead bearing nut all the way down so when you take it off it will clean out treads......

try loosening everything that you can on the forks...the bolts that hold the steer tube, take off the tire if its on...then try.

th_IM000867.jpg
[/url]

[/img]

thos springers are ment to but cut to fit ...

mount on all the hardware make sure you leave enough room and hack saw off the extra treads... make sure you dont cut off to much and that you have a nut threaded on under your cut, once you have made your cut back the nut up until you reach the last thread then carefully file down the remaining matrial.....

i just installed one of those on my 71 columbia they come really long so that you can make them fit what you want them to

hope that helps

gravediggerjason said:
thos springers are ment to but cut to fit ...

mount on all the hardware make sure you leave enough room and hack saw off the extra treads... make sure you dont cut off to much and that you have a nut threaded on under your cut, once you have made your cut back the nut up until you reach the last thread then carefully file down the remaining matrial.....

i just installed one of those on my 71 columbia they come really long so that you can make them fit what you want them to

hope that helps

but the part that goes over thread wont go down flush it gets in a bind and will only go down so far

shoot ... have you tried to remove the spring and reassemble with it in place?

if that doesnt work then the spacer is going to be your only answer .. and sadly i dont know where to get one either

Latest posts

Back