HOW DO i prep my striping brush?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Mack 20 series 00 Sword striper brush in the mail.

and it looks nothing like the picture! more like a girls makeup brush.. all poofy and not oiled/trimmed in the "sword" shape.

is this how they come? im very much ignorant to the world of pinstriping brushes/techniques at the moment.

does anyone have a good video or tutorial on prepping a mack brush, or really any brush?

or am i stupid, and the brush wont get its shape until loaded with paint?

any help greatly appreciated! please forgive my newb'ness.

they always come like that from mack no worries BUTT there is "sizing" in it so you need to wash it out rinse it under water and even use a dab of dish soap lather it up and rinse it out really good , chances are you wont even think theres anything on the bristels but there is .

after you wash it out you can use it

Thanks for the info bro.

I rinsed it out, and to my suprise it got its shape when it was wet.. I apologize for being such a newb!

Cubenzo said:
Thanks for the info bro.

I rinsed it out, and to my suprise it got its shape when it was wet.. I apologize for being such a newb!

LOL!!! BRO?! :lol: hey buddy, that's "hot rod" Jen, the most stealth lefty to drag a brush on this website :lol:
look for books on how to get started, and what to look for.
I started a few years ago with a book my Dad got me, and in it I was shown techniques, and how to care for my brushes.
good luck to you! just keep on practicing, and soak in all the advice you can get!
8)

theVULTURE said:
LOL!!! BRO?! :lol: hey buddy, that's "hot rod" Jen, the most stealth lefty to drag a brush on this website :lol:
look for books on how to get started, and what to look for.
I started a few years ago with a book my Dad got me, and in it I was shown techniques, and how to care for my brushes.
good luck to you! just keep on practicing, and soak in all the advice you can get!
8)

HAHA WOOPZ. Im basically looking for brush care tips/tricks. The rest i plan to learn through trial and error..like most things in life!

thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back