How do you get this off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
There are 2 of these fasteners on my folder. They don't have a little c clip like the seat clamp. They look pressed in or something. That handle has to come off to get the whole bar out of the frame. Anyone have any experience with this type?

icsj2o.jpg

Try some wd40 and tap it upward?

is that a crack or a seam or a joint at the bottom end?

o_OI don't understand. If you take the c-clip off at the seat-clamp end, won't the rod slide out through the top? Why does the rod need to come off? If you get the handle off, how will the rod pass through the bottom bracket? If you're talking about a different rod, why are you showing that one?:confused:

Why would I show a different picture than the thing in question? Anyway, there isn't a c clip on that end, and the clip at the bottom is a solid washer. I think the handle needs to come off to get the whole rod off.

Try some wd40 and tap it upward?

is that a crack or a seam or a joint at the bottom end?

Well, the mystery oil worked, they just needed a tap or two to slide up. I noticed a little notch on the bottom of the rod for a punch. Now I need to get a pair of those pliers for c clips.

Latest posts

Back