How do you park your bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's funny, I usually just lean mine on a tree, though it's been a while.
bike-in-tree2.jpg

Scott 8)

I actually derail the chain from the sprocket so that nobody steals it... or at least they won't get very far. It stinks though because my hands are then covered in black grease, so I rub them in dirt so at least it won't get on my bike.

I just park mine wherever I stop. No need for a lock around here. I live 3mi. from town out in the country. The town only has 750 people and I know half of them. I can't remember the last time I've heard of any bikes stolen. I never lock my truck or my house either. It's great. B607

I park mine lined up in the shed, with a thick as heck chain and padlock snaking it's way through them in a way that makes unlocking them very noisy. :mrgreen: Haven't lost one yet, touch wood.

Either in my garage or my screened in back porch. My wife has to park her car outside because the garage is full of bikes. Tony

It looks like you loosen the handlebars and turn them sideways to store them. Was that a necessity?

And....care to post a blueprint on that rack?
The idea was to store as many bikes as close together as possible, but still able to pull one out. Originally, I had a shed at my old house with rows of hooks. I figured it'd be better this time to build racks on wheels. I'll try to draw up a plan this week, I've been meaning to do it for awhile. Especially since whenever I build another, end up having to re-measure the "prototype"! I do loosen the stems and turn the bars, as well as remove the pedals. The only bad part is it's impossible to make it low enough to go thru a standard doorway. ~Adam

Back