How many bikes do you own?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just thought I'd see what the average is here for bikes owned, I'm at 30+ and counting......all stuffed in a 10' x 10' shed............should I be on Hoarders or am I just beginning?

P9250071.jpg

cruisehard said:
Just own 2 Electras. I Hardly have room for those...can't imagine having 30+

Well I do work on them and sell them but getting into winter they sell a lot slower than I drag them home, getting 4 more tomorrow. :mrgreen:

I guess it depends on how you define "own". :lol: I have 16 that are pretty much complete, though a couple are definitely parts-bikes. I have 3-newish bikes that get ridden pretty regularly, 6 or so that I've gotten with the sole intention of selling(eventually :p ), one that I've owned for 22-years(since new) that I'll never sell, and a couple future-projects. If you add in my wife's & kids', that's another 4 bikes, and then there's the bikes I have in my shop that are other peoples' for-sale - which is about another 6 or 7.... So I'm approaching 30.

ok well in that case my bootlegger is my daily rider
P9140188.jpg

The Hercules is a semi daily rider
P9170014.jpg

The Army bike is a very seldom rider
P8300001.jpg

This Murry Westport is another rider
P8310029.jpg

The 'Goosed chopper is a work in progress
P9140190.jpg

The Hoffman will be my skate park bike
P9220055.jpg

The Redline will be another skate park bike
P9240069.jpg

The 3 speeds I am debating what to do with I have 3 of them
P9220061.jpg

This lowrider has been painted and I ride it once in a blue moon
P9100129.jpg

This one will be re-built and sold
P9180041.jpg

A Raleigh Fix and sell
P9170025.jpg

This Schwinn is a seller but I have ridden it
P9150203.jpg

This roadmaster is a seller
P9220064.jpg

This Schwinn is my mother's that I am supposed to be fixing a tire on.
P9220052.jpg

This is a kinda shop ornament
P9040044.jpg

Another to be built
P9040042.jpg

When I get more time and parts I'm building this one
P7240074.jpg

another when I get around to it bike
P7240109.jpg

Clunker project
P7240113.jpg

And my Nostalgia bike that I owned when I was 13 and recently got back
P9150210.jpg

There are others but I can't find all the pics.

Let's see...2 mountain bikes, the Klunker, the lowrider, Grateful Red, Ol' Faithful, the Schwarthorne, the Electra, My road bike and the ladie's skiptooth...that makes 10, plus frames, wheels, etc. This list is subject to change without notice, however. 8)

I can't wait to get another welder so I can start chopping these things up and making something cool out of the junk huffys.

Right now I am thinking 8 total. The recumbent and one other bike are at the parents house. I have 2 20-inchers in a friend's basement. And I have 6 here at the apartment....4 inside and 2 on the porch.

Shaggy

Just 2 for now planning on more LOL an old Panasonic 12 speed and an old German singlespeed gonna fix up and modify both.

Sinner4 said:
Fifty Plus. Maybe a hundred plus or minus- Bought 25 in one day.

Okay that makes me feel better about my hoarded stash.

bikebum1975 said:
Just 2 for now planning on more LOL an old Panasonic 12 speed and an old German singlespeed gonna fix up and modify both.

A German bike? Sweet, I love old English bikes but I've never owned a German bike. Got any pics? I like German cars so I'd love a German bike!

Four, but at least one of them will have to go because I really only have space for two:1980's Raleigh Chiltern roadster(aka Raleigh Tourist), 2006 Thorn Club Tour touring bike, 2004 Ridgeback Comet hybrid and my new Electra Vince cruiser.

3 with 3.0 x 24 thick bricks, 4 with 26 x2.125 setups ... 1 set vintage g.years , 1 with 70 lb kojack slicks, 2 set of quick Bricks
Sooo to answer question ..... 7 rideable bikes.
Haven't figured out how to ride more than 1 bike at a time yet lol.
Have enough cool stuff to make a few more bikes complete. Just struggle with the time to do them & space to keep them properly out of the weather for any more .
Being OCD .... after the first taste of riding a vintage style old bike one day I started watching the radar for them. ... It's just like the Lay's potato chip comercial ...." Nobody can eat just one "
I went from lets get there in a hurry on a 10 speed to lets look cool just getting there in no hurry lol.. Now with a full grown kid at home it looks like the 10 speeds may soon go on diets & become fixties lol
Sound familiar ???? 5 miles is a pretty good ride now were as it use to take 5 miles just to get warmed up.

I started my collection seven months ago when I moved close to the beach and started researching cruisers. Of course I planned on getting only one, but now I have six including my first build that is 90% finished. My collection includes:
Dyno Ultra Glide
Dyno Moto Glide 4i
Electra Vince 3i
Electra Rally Sport (ironically turned into a RatRod)
Torker Bermuda build
Nirve Lahaina 3i

I have flipped at least a half dozen bikes since then as well.
It's really strange how this hobby quickly eclipsed all other hobbies and interests.

schwinnmesa said:
I probably have around 130 bikes -- most are parts bikes in the backyard. :lol:

That makes me feel MUCH better.

Latest posts

Back