How many guys..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really intrigued with the I love Lucy theme..bikeangel is crazy about that show..what do you have in mind ?

Gold Street Customs said:
My wife tolerates my bikes , not so much the time in the garage, she wants to build a I Love Lucy themed bike but she works her rear off and free time is nonexitant ...but I am trying to still get her building

Markm said:
mine hates it...but rides with me on her mountain-bike-junk sometimes....

Markm, if she hated it she would have traded you in for a better model a long long long time ago. :lol: Buy her some Bon Bon's. :wink:

......and Gold Street Customs, I like that Lucy theme, run with it.

GL

thanks but no....she hates it. She says when I die theyre the first to go.....
So, watch the Indiana obits...for Mark Montez of La Porte,there willl be some good deals!!!! :| :|

I got tired of my g/f complaining about her Schwinn mountain bike (I personally don't have a high opinion of mountain bikes, much less anything modern). So I told her she needed to ride my moms 65 Fair Lady. After I adjusted it to her liking she liked it. Come on, who does not love riding an American made Schwinn bike. Now she's all into finding a Fair Lady or a 26 in girls bike. She's on Craigs List every week looking at bikes. She found a nice 3 speed Fair Lady but was too late on the draw. She wont turn any wrenches on anything but I can handle that. I already have to work on her car lol

The wife and I have been riding bikes since the late 1980s. We rode together before we were married while we were dating. We started out riding road bikes then switched to riding mountain bikes and sometime around 2002 became interested in antique and cruiser bikes. We enjoy riding rails-to-trails and have a goal to ride at least one trail in all 50 states. I think we're up to 25 now. She enjoys traveling to far away places to attend bike events like the TDF or to cruise a beach. She also helps me put on the Midwest Bicycle Fest every year. She participates in most of our clubs activities. She doesn't understand why I need so many bikes though. She thinks the the 7 or 8 she has is too many. She's not in to working on them in any way though. She's my bicycle buddy.

21.jpg

P0003611.jpg

pic%20049.jpg

IMG_1282.JPG

that was my though gsc. :lol: right back at the bad habit.

My girl is awesome, she loves going to hot rod runs with the bikes and cruising around, or getting out for a nice cruise along a scenic bikepath. She’s stipulated when we get an old car it has to be a wagon so that we can throw the bikes in the back too! I’ve got her out in the garage working and she doesn’t mind that, although she hates sanding (but don’t we all!). She kept referring to my tiki bike as ‘her bike’, so I’ve just bought her a Felt Claire in mint green (her fave colour), 3 speed hub and drum brakes up front, gorgeous bike and really nice to ride. We were building a pair of matching bikes (same frame/mechanicals, but our own colour schemes) but that’s taken a back seat for now (living in different states doesn’t help things though). At the same time she’s really supportive of me getting out for rides by myself so I can ride a bit quicker :lol: She also loves browsing antique and thrift stores for cool old things - Definitely a keeper!

5765.jpg

I've mentioned her in another post, but I'll revisit it here. My lovely fiancee is VERY supportive of my hobby, her only request is no bike parts stored in the house! Especially the kitchen, since at my old house, I used to work on bikes in the kitchen in the summer & winter! Now, I have a whole basement to myself! If I could afford a/c down there, I'd be a wrenchin' fool! -Adam :mrgreen:

oh psh, just remember ALT + TAB and have an email open to a fellow employee. :wink:

I kid you not, once my bike collection got to big my ex said ,"It's me or the bikes". Did you notice I said EX! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rst028.jpg

if a woman throws that line out there, she aint worth havin around. :wink:

Latest posts

Back