how much would you pay for this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are would you even buy it ?

bike.jpg

Ride in style on this classic Schwinn beach cruiser. Perfect for the ultimate pleasure cruise, the Point Beach includes a retro frame design, a wide cruiser saddle and rustproof stainless steel spokes. A Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur with SRAM grip shifters adds a very welcome modern touch to this classic ride. Chrome fenders and a bonus storage rack complete the genuine cruising package.

26" Men's Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser:
Schwinn aluminum cruiser frame
Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur
SRAM grip shifters
Alloy linear pull brakes
Rustproof, 36-hole alloy rims with stainless steel spokes
Chrome fenders
Back storage rack
Weight: 42 lbs.

Speeds: 7-speed Shimano grip shifter
Frame: Aluminum frame
Brake type: Alloy linear pull brake
Bike Type: Comfort & Cruiser

Honestly, for me price would play a huge factor.

Anymore, those beach cruisers on Walmart's website are about the best deal going for a good cruising bike. Most of the multi speed cruisers that Walmart sells also have the same kind of compnents.......

I wouldn't buy it,
it's got a De-Railer set up.
which to me is VERY Ugly on a Vintage Style Bike.

That being said,
I bought a Brand New Schwinn with a Sturmey 3 Speed
at a Canadian Tire Store last year.
I test rode it in the Parking lot and Returned it 15 Minutes Later and got my Money back!!!

The Indexing on The New Sturmey 3 Speeds Coaster Hubs( to me ) was Cheap,sloppy,unresponsive,noisy.

if you can get The Bike you posted in The Picture above for
less than $50.00 then buy it.
The Bars and Fenders and front alloy wheel wiill come in handy
for a Rat Rod.

myself,
I wouldn't buy a New Bike....and I LOVE A GOOD VALUE.....
unless it was a GT,Felt,Nirve,ELECTRA,,etc.

just my 2 cents,

peace,
Kev.

i wouldnt buy a new department store bike. i bought a new mountain bike one tine and the shifter and the seat broke within three days. needless to say i got my money back

buzzy said:
i seen it on houston gregslist 70 bucks new and has girl bike new for same price so 140 for both brannew bikes what do you think about that is it worth it ?

First off, are you in Houston????? I'm about 70 miles north of Houston...so I figured that I'd ask :mrgreen:

Secondly, for that price, yeah, I'd say it's a good deal.....if you like it that's all that really matters :wink:

I've owned alot of "Bike shop" bikes...and also "department store" bikes..... quality can vary....but overall if properly maintained usually department store bikes CAN be nice. That being said there are always duds too :)

TexasXXX said:
buzzy said:
i seen it on houston gregslist 70 bucks new and has girl bike new for same price so 140 for both brannew bikes what do you think about that is it worth it ?

First off, are you in Houston????? I'm about 70 miles north of Houston...so I figured that I'd ask :mrgreen:

Secondly, for that price, yeah, I'd say it's a good deal.....if you like it that's all that really matters :wink:

I've owned alot of "Bike shop" bikes...and also "department store" bikes..... quality can vary....but overall if properly maintained usually department store bikes CAN be nice. That being said there are always duds too :)

i live in magnolia texas i will have to go look @ and see if they are new or not they want 130+shipping @ walmart.com

TexasXXX said:
buzzy said:
i live in magnolia texas

DUDE, you're about 45 minutes or so from me! :shock: I live in New Waverly....just north of Conroe and Willis. :mrgreen:

Maybe we can hook up sometime and go ride somewhere......

for sure i just got into bikes and mine is not built yet but my wifes is almost finished

lets see some pix of your bike

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2282

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2076

buzzy said:
we will be going to the woodlands for rides

YES!!! That's where my wife and I like to ride also.....soooo many sidewalks....and VERY scenic.

I'm hoping to be able to ride the 4th of July....hopefully earlier in the morning. Of course, I'm hoping like heck that I'll have my 20" Sears Spider bike built by then.

I've got a BUNCH of bikes.....probably 10 or so.......in various stages of build.....or waiting for restoration.

The main bike that I've recently worked on is my West Coast Choppers 20" ......I've got a post in the gallery section (it's on page 2 I believe) that shows the current progress.

My current build will be from the ground up....fresh paint, '69 frame, and fresh tires and parts......like a brand spankin' new bike.

Give me a call sometime and we'll get together sometime 8)

Brian
(936) 344-9592

Back