how to bend a fork ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the best way to bend a fork to lower a bike? i have a 24 " schwinn fork that i want to bend to drop my 20" bike alittle. i thought if i secure the fork some how and put a old hub in it and heated the area that i want bent i could uses a ratchet strap wraped around the hub to apply even pressure to the fork to bend it enough to drop the bike a little. any one try this seen it done? feed back would be awesome. i would also like to avoid the fork folding in on its self.

There are a few ways on here, the best known is probably the "KOTA" method: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9254

There are other ways, but they all say, "do it slowly a little at a time and move up and down the legs a little spreading the bend out."

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
There are a few ways on here, the best known is probably the "KOTA" method: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9254

There are other ways, but they all say, "do it slowly a little at a time and move up and down the legs a little spreading the bend out."

Luke.
well that made it very simple thanks for showing me that!

Back