How to build a Suicide brake????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So im trying to rack my brain on how to build a suicide shifter brake but i am unsure as how to make it work, please help any ideas?

well i havent built it yet, still in the blue prints stage of things, but thats what i want on this bad boy. so what do you think would be best for it?

well here is a set up i came up with ...may not work 4 u but ...here it is anyway ....
img1285802460207.jpg

img1285802460616.jpg

img1285802459978.jpg

img1285802459688.jpg

img1285802458739.jpg

does that rub down on the tire itself to stop? because thats how it looks to me but i just woke up so i could just be seeing it wrong.

yeah thats how it works ...just pull back on the handle and it slows ya down ...there is a spring under there ...its not a power slide break by any means ...but it slows ya down pretty good ....thats what all the kids say that ride it ...

well its a pretty smooth peice of steel ....but it hasent been riden enuff 2 actually tell yet ...so who knows ....LOL i think it looks cool anyway ..more for looks i guess

You could do a very simple set up something like the one I built for this bike. It's easy to get used to and maintain. Just find a tube or weld one in. You could also extend the lever into looking more like a stick or handle.

Rat1.jpg

Rat3.jpg

Latest posts

Back