HOW TO BUILD A SUPER CHEAP BIKE WORK STAND

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an industrial 24" shop fan from work, as the motor was shot. Welded a 5"long 1"ID tube, and slid in a 12" piece of 3/4 gas pipe. used a Jiffy Clamp,welded on 1/2 round pipe sections with rubber glued to them. I have 19 dollars in it. Oh, welded 2 5/16"nuts over holes in the 1", to lock the pivoting 3/4 pipe. Works well, holds the heavy bikes better than any commercial bought ones I have.

I went the easy route. I picked up this Park repair stand for only $30 USD (which translates into only $3 FSD (Fred Sanford Dollars). :p :mrgreen:
It doesn't get much cheaper than that!

WP_001658.jpg

That would be a great inexpensive work stand. It seems like it wouldn't be very difficult to adapt a standard type bike stand clamping device to it. The only drawback I can see is that it would take up a lot of space in my case.

Oh man, where was this when I built a PVC stand a year ago!?!
Yeah mine works, just Google them up to see videos, etc., BUT this would have been worth making/using first !!!
BTW, the 'workstand' I've used the most in the past year has been my old back of car bike RACK; the car holds it anyway at the garage pad and (WOW) its already made to hold a bike! It can even be made to mount up on a wall, a fence or a tree (and way more stable than hanging a bike from the rafters, etc.).

I finished mine this morning. I used the bolts, it breaks down and both pieces lean against the wall out of the way. I used some carpet scraps I had to keep from scratching the bikes. Thanks for the info...spent $16 bucks, lot cheaper than buying one!
003-3.jpg

001-5.jpg

002-4.jpg

Here are the basic roadside bike repair stands that are all over Myanmar (Burma).

IMG_6060.jpg

IMG_6061.jpg

Latest posts

Back