How to hide a cable?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Shimano Nexus in my build off, and I would like to hide the cable that goes from the handlebar to the hub.

While looking for some "inspiration", I found many great bikes at Cooper Cruisers http://www.coopercruisers.com/

On some of his bikes they use a nexus hub and managed to hide the cable!
For example on the Green Giant http://www.coopercruisers.com/bikes/giant/FrameSet.htm

Here you can see very clear what I'm talking about
giant5.jpg

But then, where does it go?!?!? :p I couldn't find it out looking at the pics.

Here you can see how the cable "appeared" again next to the hub
giant4.jpg

Any help is welcomed, thanks in advance.

Hey there

Thats a nice bike man, i love that color, its my favorite color.

yep right through the bottom bracket shell cool. personally i dig suicide shifters because they are fun to use and the cable is short and clean looking. seems like a lot of work to me drilling the frame but the cable still comes out at the front and loops up to the shifter. now if there was a way to route them through the bars, down the stem into the frame and on its merry way i would like that. but personally i take a side with the late indian larry, a builder who did not hide anything because he wanted his bikes to be able to be worked on easily. have you ever tried to fish and internal cable through a frame? try it my friend!!

Thank you karfer and basscadetz.

I thougth it would go through the bottom bracket, but I wasn't sure at all.
Before doing all these holes I've got to make it work, then I'll see what I'll do (or what I can do) to hide the cable

Thanks again!

i want to hide my cable on my nexus 4 speed too but I dont wanna drill into my 38 Schwinn motorbike frame so I will just use my shifter under the seat and shorten the cable and use some chrome cable clamps
it wont be real easy to shift where its at but I think it will work ok

Back