how to I get house paint off of a rear rack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok im going to ost pic soon but I have a sweet bike but someone painted the rear rack with red house paint.
how can I get it off?I wanna keep the OG paint on the rack so I cant use paint stripper....what can i use?

Ok this one needs to be added on every ones to do list....denatured alcohol will make it easy....to take house paint or most any thick paint.....it works....take a rag and dip some on..rub some on a little spot and scratch it off...I took a peace of hard plastic and broke off a peace and used it like a RAZOR BLADE there is a sharp HARD edge but it will not scratch your paint,,
the denatured alcohol makes the paint slick but will not hert your paint on your bike....it takes a long time but it works like a dream...and you get to keep the paint on your bike,,

You could try goof off, or other graffiti removers (carefully!) And sounds like those plastic spreaders for bondo filler would be the ticket for scraping. ~Adam

Back