How to install a front fender with this type of fork?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a808f1a253608ca523bf5c0fecb0b062.jpg

Can anyone show me how to put fenders in this type of fork. Photos would really help. By the way I'm from the Philippines so I hardly see vintage bikes. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of times there was a threaded insert inside the steer tube just above the tire. Remove the front tire and take a look. If there is just find a bolt that fits it

If you live in the Phillipenes You likely see the most beautiful woman in the world everyday. As for the forks, I had a similar issue which was easily resolved. I already had a hole in my fender and a whole in my forks.
b5fb9a91d40ca00920e3c3b8582985a5.jpg

I used a compression plug to bring them both together. The compression plug's top cap went beneath the fender to serve as a washer. The plug went into the fork.

62cb6065446fe42c9238ceeff654de7a.jpg

8eb58d8f9083cda5eb658df460adecf2.jpg

I then threaded the screw into the top cap through the fender and into the compression plug and then tightened it all. As the screw goes into the plug it expands itself and become tight in the whole.

f72a7bba6be7c86a06788274add37767.jpg

Thanks gigmata for complementing our filipinas here. And for the fender I thank you for sharing your ideas on how with visuals. And by the way I'm very inspired by your builds thanks also for sharing.

Nice! I learned something new. Its called ashtabula fork. I've already check mine it has a thread on it. So it's easier. Thanks deorman.

Thanks gigmata for complementing our filipinas here. And for the fender I thank you for sharing your ideas on how with visuals. And by the way I'm very inspired by your builds thanks also for sharing.

You are most welcome, Cholo. I have met many Filipinas and they have all been lovely sweet ladies. If I ever visit I no doubt would be lovestruck by most of them.

As for bikes, I do thank you sir. I am pretty sure that any local shops should stick those compression plugs. Also, watch the "Dreamcatcher" build. It will be the most detailed build of mine ever. I think it also have more brackets than a car.
baa535553be2dc919f760b056b3d797c.jpg

Latest posts

Back