how to install air ride?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how to install air ride on ur bike majority of people put a small air cyliender in replacement of the spring but i wanna know [how to]put air ride on the back of the frame any suggestions reply to this ?

bigblockthing said:
i think that is a good design idea..instead if extending the cylinder for riding at normal high, extend the cylinder to lay frame..then the piston has no chance of being bent...i like the hinge idea from that video, but i want to work it into something a bit cleaner if i can...but i know on the layitlow forums, most people drop their bikes there by adding a cylinder in place of the spring on a bent springer fork then they can make their bike hop...but i dont think it can actually be ridden

yeah its rideable im on layitlow alot and they also some times use hydro bike cylienders in replace of the front support on the front of the springer fork

nope completely functionable while riding but u have to have abig pump and batterie that get in the way air ride is much simpler

69 schwinn said:
nope completely functionable while riding but u have to have abig pump and batterie that get in the way air ride is much simpler
yeah those hydraulic setups are pretty stupid and the bike looks like ... all jacked up

significant other heres a pic of the bike
pr-Bikes-Huffy_Compressor_Dirt_Bike-resized200.jpg

l_item_558.jpg

i have done the chair shock thing before it works good i made it out of two bikes one 24" bike and a 20" one .i made it pivot right behind the pedals but i didint like haveing to get up to raise it .i have also have air bagged a bike in the rear but it was a really weird bike i made. sorry i dont have any pics . i agree with you air ride is better.

Latest posts

Back