How To Make "Dice Valve Caps"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did a little research on how to make "Dice Valve Caps". I found it was really simple. So I decided I would show you how I did it the process can work with anything that has room to drill 3/8 hole:

First I went to wall mart and bought a pack of Dice for under $2.
IMG_7027.jpg

Here are the things you will need for the build: 3/8 drill bit, Tape (masking tape works the best the I found that the duct tape pulled the black dots off of the die), ruler, drill, vice, and 2 part epoxy glue.
IMG_7028.jpg

Start by taping up the Die with your masking tape so just the #1 side is viable. wrap it a few times around with tape, this will prevent scratching the die. Then clamp it in to the vice with the #1 showing.
IMG_7030.jpg

Now drill out the #1 on the die with the 3/8 drill bit. The way i figured out how deep to drill was to hold the valve cap up to the side of the die and then measure that amount. Then I measured on the drill bit and taped it at that point so once the drill bit went into the die up to the tape you went far enough.
IMG_7040.jpg

IMG_7042.jpg

now test fit the valve cap and see if it goes in far enough, keep in mind that the valve cap will have a slight edge sticking out:
IMG_7043.jpg

Then take your 2 part epoxy glue and mix it up. Take a q-tip or Tooth pick and place a little glue in the hole and stick the valve cap in it. let it dry
IMG_7044.jpg

Here is the final product:
IMG_7045.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

a note go slow with the drill. i noticed the trans color dice seem to want to snap easier if you try and force the drill too hard.

Latest posts

Back