How to make rusty parts 101

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MOVE TO GEORGIA!
It has rained 10x in the past 4 days! When it wasnt raining, there was like an 50-80% humidity. With this kind of weather, you should be able to rust out even the new or toughest materials! This is why I have a rusty Bratz bike that's been out for only a few years, and also my beatup West Coasters Choppers bicycle. The WCC was made in 2004!

So if you are looking for that natural rust bucket look, just drop it off here in the south georgia swaps and I'll make sure to neglect your bike or parts!
:mrgreen:

S5000433-1.jpg

S5000262.jpg

xddorox said:
It's been raining here for the past 2 weeks...during my vacation. :(

Let me see, 14 from 40 (40-14) = 36........Plenty of time to still build a BIG boat. For one men's and one woman's bike of each kind ever made!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ........I only used my fingers, I had every intention of using my toes, too. But my boots were "double knotted", and I was to lazy to undo em.

KOTA said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ........I only used my fingers, I had every intention of using my toes, too. But my boots were "double knotted", and I was to lazy to undo em.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KOTA said:
Luckily, I was barefoot at the time, so I got it figured out... :D

It was always funny to me to drive around in Colorado or Utah, and you'd see these old minework thingies made out of iron that had sat there abandoned for 100 years, and old log cabins and suchlike. Down on the coast where I grew up, that stuff would all be gone in 20 years, and would have been covered by vines and invisible in 10 years.

Which reminds me, we're depleting the rain forests of south america, we need to introduce kudzu there to make up the difference.

sensor said:
also helps to have chinese single plating on the chrome parts :wink:
Yeah, but even some of the real american stuff is thrashed....also it rained again yesterday, so that makes it 11x in 4 days! lol

Back