how to make whitewall tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a set of practically brand new electra fatti o blackwalls. They came off my straight 8 which I quickly replaced with whitewalls. I would like to use the blackwalls on a schwinn rat project and was wondering if anyone successfully made whitewalls. I have seen some suggestions regarding krylon paint or shoe dye. Can anyone offer a proven method? Pics?

I have good success with White shoe polish, just use many light coats to build it up.

There have been other posts on this. In the last one there was talk of a paint being sold in Iceland?? that was designed for rubber. Not sure what ever happened with it.

I don't know but would that Dupli-color vinyl seat repair paint stuff work on tires? Sure would look cool to do some orange color tire walls with an orange band hub. :wink:

hot rodders swear by this ive done a few bike tires
AS3DW.jpg

second option works great too

rangertirepaint.com

way back when i was a kid, my dad had a paint pen type thing made for the letters on car tires. i think it was made by goodyear, but it was 30 years ago. i see lots of big trucks on the highway with painted letters, so there has to be a way to do it. just be glad you dont have to paint 18 of them! :mrgreen:

tires can be had fairly cheap if you really want whitewalls......i can understand wanting to use the ones youve got but if you dont want blackwalls why not trade or sell them to fund the whitewalls?
shoe polish can work. its just a pita. tire paint will work(for a time as long as your tires are always at a fairly constant pressure and never go low/flat) but when you need to change a tube you may just find it wasnt a wise idea once it starts cracking and flaking off.

Back