How to measure a frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I need help into understanding the correct method of how to measure a bicycle frame as I believe I'm doing this the wrong way. I need to know this as it plays a vital roll in selling bikes on the CL. Where do I measure to and from? What measurements do I need to take?

Any help would be appreciated... thank you,
-Zach 8)

measure along the seat post tube, from the center of the top tube to the center of the crank housing. also helps to tell them inches and centimeters. ***and let them know you measured from those points

i would also tell them the standover height, measure from the ground to the top of the top tube.

Most bicycle manufacturers seem to measure the seat tube from center of the BB to the top of the seatpost then use standover height to relate where the top tube intersects the seat tube.

Older bikes went center to center. Center of the crank to center of the top tube. A lot of newer bikes are measured from center of the crank to the seat bolt. Some exceptions are certain sloping top tube bikes and pre-Trek Kleins.

Latest posts

Back