How to mount sign in bike frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the old delivery bikes had a sign mounted in the frame, and I see quite a few here that do. Is there any kind of ready-made clamp that works for that? As opposed to welding something onto the frame.

I've used copper plumbing pipe in the past for making strap fasteners. Looks cool as it develops a patina with oxidation.

Take like a 3" length of 1/2" copper pipe and squish it between a bench vise til flat. Put it on a soft piece of wood (pine) and take the round side of a ball peen hammer and hit the flat metal to get the "hammered" marks all over it. File the 2 edges smooth and round the corners, drill 2 holes near the edges, then shape the strap around your bike frame so it meets with your sign/insert.

Spin

i am using zip ties to hold a light switch panel in a bike frame. also available at hardward stores is flat metal 'tape' that holes in it, ya could cut the needes sections to length, round the corners w/ your dremmel, and use those-that way they are exactly the way ya need 'em in case ya need different sizes. that stuff is cheap too
fast eddie outty

zip ties :D

100_0183.jpg

100_0091.jpg

100_0086.jpg

WOW .......... Buzzy, that red and orange bike is a work of art ....... I would ask for more photos.....but I found the series of photos on your photbucket :mrgreen:

mmmhh ....... LOTS of ideas have been triggered by that bike.

Congrats on an awesome build !!

Halfdone said:
WOW .......... Buzzy, that red and orange bike is a work of art ....... I would ask for more photos.....but I found the series of photos on your photbucket :mrgreen:

mmmhh ....... LOTS of ideas have been triggered by that bike.

Congrats on an awesome build !!

thx

Butterfly Biker said:
buzzy said:
zip ties :D

Since I am so new at this I don't know what the material is that you have made the sign with. Where can you purchase?

it is pef. alum. dont know where to get it was some scrap i found

Back