How to "Old School" a New School BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see some new school bikes popping up with old school colors. For the price I could not resist grabbing one tonight! The new Day Glo orange is nearly the same as the old GT so here we go! :cool:

Re: How to old school a New School BMX

Here is the color next to my 1986 GT! :)

I plan on using parts i have laying around here to make this brand new bike appear to be a mid 80's Freestyler! Stay tuned. :)

I did this in about 15 minutes tonight. More time tomorrow evening! :D

I guess this would be more like how I older schooled a New School! lol I used some mid school stuff, but here is the bike as I built it! I would rather have some black OGK's or Skyways but this is what I had laying around! :)

OK, already back at it with this bike! lol Going to sell those 3 spoke GT mags and added these ACS mags instead. The 5 spoke feels a little more Old School! :)

Changed the seat to a Dominator I forgot I had, and the seat post w/ 1" shim I made for now. :cool:

One thing to almost instantly bring a bike back 20 years is throw a set of gum wall tires on it! Here's a build I did a while back kinda going the other way, taking old school and bringing it into the new school. Old bike but new drive line.

Bikesofday002.jpg

I have one of those tricycle sprockets if you need an extra! :D

Back