how to preserve vintage paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to repaint the bicycles, but I would like to keep them as is. First things first.. I saw some rust removal for paint that supposedly works on vintage toys, bicycles, etc. Does it work? I know it wouldn't be a 100 percent change, but if it helps any I would like to try it. Second, I want to preserve them, but I do not want to kill any value or future value. Is it okay to use a clear coat over the current paint/rust? I would like them to be protected, and laSt in current form as long as they can. Third.. one of the bicycles I have is a 1959 murray sonic flite for women. Any idea where to get the tank and light for the front fender? I know ebay, but I haven't found them yet.

Thank you to anyone that responds.

Thanks for the ideas :). I will have to try them. I will have a tank that is so rusted I will try to repaint it, where do you find colors to match? I heard they could be bought?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awesome, I will look into it. How do you use it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have not posted in this for a while, but if anyone has an answer I would appreciate it. I recently met someone that used lemon juice on the rust on their 1970's charger, and then used touch up paint. They told me it removes the rust, but not the paint. Is this true?

Back